Family Road Trip

I have been so blessed with the opportunity to travel this summer! Just a few weeks after spending a month in Washington, I was able to go on a family road trip to Maryland and Pennsylvania.  While spending 16 hours in a minivan may not be my ideal mode of transportation, its a great chance to spend time with family after being away for so long. 


We spent our first day in Ocean City, Maryland, and the weather was perfect.  The sun was shining and it was great laying out on the sand reading, boogie boarding, and enjoying the salty ocean waves - even if I ended the day looking like a lobster. 


The next day was overcast and slightly rainy, so we drove around the fantasyland that is Assateague Island in Maryland.  This small island is full of wild horses which are rumored to have appeared there after escaping from a shipwreck in the 1700s.  Afterwards we completed the four hour drive to my aunt and uncle's house in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. 


Being in Gettysburg for the Fourth of July weekend was spectacular.  There were re-enactors everywhere and oodles of adorable little shops.  We also visited the breathtaking Gettysburg battlefield, and continued the Civil War theme into the night by going to the movie theater and watching "Free State of Jones".  My aunt and uncle were the perfect hosts and tour guides!


Here's some pictures from our amazing trip!



My brother and I boogie boarding in the ocean



My beautiful mother and I rocking some nautical stripes on the Ocean City boardwalk


Wild horses on Assateague Island


Gettysburg National Military Park


I hope you all have an amazing Fourth of July! 







Comments

Popular Posts