Look of the Day: Beret Babe


I'm trying to enjoy Chicago as much as possible before I have to leave for the summer. When I first moved here last year, I didn't see it as all that special. I had always lived only a short drive away and had visited a million times. I thought I'd seen all that Chicago had to offer.

And throughout all of last year, I never really made much of an effort to explore the huge city that I was now a resident of. I had seen The Bean too many times to count, had been to the top of the Willis Tower and had visited all of the museums. 

But thankfully, working as a journalist has forced me to get out more and see all that Chicago has to offer. I've been to all the neighborhoods and I've talked to the residents. My eyes have been opened to the real Chicago, and it's convinced me to get out more on the weekends. 

Number one on my to-do list yesterday was the Art Institute. It's my boyfriend and I's favorite place, and we knew we wanted to go once more before summer came. We then went to Wicker Park to check out some record stores for Record Store Day and thrift stores for a class project I'm working on. 

I'm ready to be done with my classes, but I am definitely not ready to leave my life in Chicago. 


The Art Institute of Chicago 


Record Store Day at Reckless Records (I really wanted to get a Doors album but the line was much longer than my patience )


Bought these vintage shades for only $15 and I feel like I won the lottery


The most perfect 80's vintage store I stumbled upon


Shop this Look:
-White Bodysuit: American Apparel
-Faux Fur Coat: Urban Outfitters
-Jeans: American Apparel
-Sneakers: New Balance
-Beret: PacSun
-Purse: Ralph Lauren
-Sunglasses: Store B Vintage






Comments

Popular Posts